The SERIES MTL5541 Galvanic Barrier provides intrinsically safe isolation for communication with Dwyer® transmitters approved for use in hazardous areas. This galvanic barrier eliminates the need for a high integrity earth ground required when using shunt type diode type safety barriers. DIN rail mounting and plug-in signal and power connectors simplify installation and maintenance.
- Hazardous Area Input:Signal range: 0 to 24 mA (including over-range); Transmitter voltage: 16.5 V at 20 mA.
- Safe Area Output:Signal range: 4 to 20 mA; Under/over-range: 0 to 24 mA;Load resistance: 0 to 360Ω @ 24 mA, or 0 to 450Ω @ 20 mA; Current sink: 600Ω max.; Maximum Voltage Source: 24 VDC; Output resistance: > 1 MΩ.
- Power Requirement:20 to 35 VDC.
- Response Time:Settles to within 10% of final value within 50 µs.
- Current Consumption (20 mA signal):51 mA @ 24V.
- Maximum Power Dissipation (20 mA signal):0.7 W @ 24 VDC, 1.0 W @ 24 VDC.
- Isolation:250 V RMS, tested at 1500 V RMS minimum, between safe- and hazardous-area terminals; 50 V between safe-area circuits and power supply.
- Transfer Accuracy at 68°F (20°C):Better than 15 µA.
- LED Indicator:Green: Power Indication.
- Temperature Limits:Operating: -6 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C); Storage: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C).
- Temperature Drift:< 0.8µA/°C.
- Humidity:5 to 95% RH.
- Mounting:T-section 35mm DIN rail (7.5 or 15mm) to EN 50022.
- Terminals:Accommodate up to 2.5 mm2 stranded or single-core.
- Safety Description:Vo= 28 V, Io= 93 mA, Po= 651mW, Um= 253 RMS or DC.
- Weight:150 g.
- Agency Approvals:See table on catalog page.